Riyadh Governor and chairman of the Tourism Development Council approved of establishing “the Meet in Riyadh Office”. The office is under the supervision of Riyadh chamber and authorized by the Saudi Exhibition & Convention Bureau.
The Meet in Riyadh Office initiative aims to regionally enable the private sector in developing the delivery of the meeting industry in Saudi Arabia. The office consists of local teams organized and supervised by the different branches of the industry and commerce chambers.
The Meet in Riyadh Office connects governors of the country’s regions to evaluate the current status and accordingly, plan a marketing strategy and projects to support the infrastructure of the meeting industry. The initiative is going to attract international events and business exhibitions that support the Kingdom 2030 Vision.
Meet in Riyadh office will be located mainly in Riyadh. The office members include: Saudi Exhibition & Convention Bureau, Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (Riyadh branch), Riyadh Municipality, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Riyadh branch), King Khalid International Airport, Riyadh Development Authority, King Saud University, along with three representatives of Riyadh exhibitions companies.
The Meet in Riyadh office has already started working toward implementing five main goals summed up as:
● Increasing the number of international organizations and unions meetings and conferences hosted in Riyadh.
● Expanding the activity of organizing small events (workshops and training courses.)
● Hosting important trade exhibitions.
● Supporting and following up exhibition and conference centers projects and related services.
● Increasing the revenues in economy by attracting more visitors to the business exhibitions held in Riyadh.
Riyadh Governor and chairman of the Tourism Development Council approved of establishing “the Meet in Riyadh Office”.