Audiovisual media business licenses in Saudi Arabia

The General Commission for Audiovisual Media (GCAM) published a list of more than 10 media-related licenses. Every business activity related to the audiovisual media requires a specific and separate license.

The establishment that applies for the audiovisual media license must be a Saudi establishment, Saudi-foreign partnership, or a foreign company that is authorized to do business in Saudi Arabia.

Required licenses to start an activity related to the audio and visual media industry include:

■ License for Importing, distributing, selling, and renting Audiovisual Media content through Transit Media.

■ License for selling, importing, and distributing Television and Radio Satellite receivers.

■ License for Audiovisual Media Production companies and establishments.

■ License for establishing TV or Radio stations.

■ License for a channel representative office.

■ License for Satellite News Gathering (SNG).

■ License for audiovisual broadcasting via different Media.

■ License for providing Pay Television services.

■ License for Video on Demand (VOD) services.

■ License for Audio Social Network services.

■ License for video service via closed networks.

■ License for providing electronic games services.

■ License for Radio games and Television game shows.

■ License for companies interested in filming in public and tourist centers.

■ License for operating and establishing Cinema theaters.

The GCAM controls and regulates the media business in Saudi Arabia and all activity related to it.

Interested in obtaining any of these licenses? Contact us at T&S to help you apply for the license and guide you through the process of obtaining the required licenses.